iTunes: Britney Spears - Unusual You
Mood: irritated
We got a call at 1:00am saying that one of our friends had been involved in an accident. This friend has had his share of accidents, so I'm sorry to say that we weren't incredibly surprised. In fact, he's nearly killed PK twice in a matter of months. They were in such a bad accident that PK broke his chest. Yes. His chest. It's possible to do, I promise.
Our friend is ok, which also isn't much of a shock. He's never the one that gets hurt when he tears off in his suped up car. We're waiting on information about our other friend who was in the car. The last we heard, he was bleeding out of his ears and being taken to the hospital.
PK and I have been talking about the friend who was driving and have decided that Monkey will never ride in the car with him. Neither will I. PK is a grown man who is capable of making his own decisions, and sometimes he does get into the car with our friend, but he's always scared to do so... so most of the time, he insists that he (PK) drive instead. I've let my younger brother ride home with our friend a few times, but I'll be refusing that offer next time, despite the fact that they only live down the street from each other.
It's not that I don't like or trust our friend. I just don't trust his driving. He's reckless and doesn't care about anyone except himself. I'm very close to one of his daughters, and I'm terrified that I'm going to have to hold her while she cries when he kills himself or someone else.
PK has tried to talk to our friend. His parents have talked to him. His friends have talked to him. I don't think that me saying something would help if everyone else hasn't helped. This accident was minor, and apparently his car doesn't even have that much damage. But he and another friend spent the night in the hospital because of his recklessness and hotrodding. And he laughed about it this morning when he talked to PK! "Oh, I don't remember why the accident happened. But I do know that my car isn't really that messed up..." He doesn't remember having the accident, but he knows the exact damage done to his car? Sorry, I don't buy it. He just doesn't want to admit that he fucked up again and that he was being stupid and dangerous and could have killed someone.
He hasn't yet. But if he doesn't pull his shit together SOON I'm afraid that he will.
2 comments:
Such a shame. Shug's brother had a friend like that. JS would drive like a lunatic. One day JR got in the car with JS and the next thing we knew JR was getting 95 stiches in his arm and having his leg in a cast. At least JR never rode with JS after that, but still.
It really is amazing to me that it takes shit like that for people to go "Oh... maybe I shouldn't drive like that/ride with this person anymore." Well no fucking duh. I already refused to ride with the friend because of the two times he almost killed PK, and now everyone else is jumping on the bandwagon. I really want to say "TOLD YOU SO!" but I'm a nicer person than that.... mostly.
I'm glad JR's ok. Stitches and broken bones suck, but it's far better than a funeral home.
Post a Comment